You may need to grow up if?
1 Cor 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh (carnal), as to infants in Christ.
STRONGS DEFINITION: CARNAL – PERTAINING TO THE FLESH
VINES: GOVERNED BY HUMAN NATURE…
CARNALITY MEANS: TO BE FLESH RULED…
IN THE NEW BIRTH EXPERIENCE THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGES IS THE MAN ON THE INSIDE….
YOUR MIND DOES NOT CHANGE WHEN YOU GET BORN AGAIN.
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
YOU HAVE TO PRESENT YOUR BODY…
YOU HAVE TO RENEW YOUR MIND…
1 Cor 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
YOU MIGHT BE CARNAL AND IN NEED OF SPIRITUAL GROWTH IF?
1. YOUR CONCLUSIONS ABOUT GOD MATCH THE WORLDS CONCLUSIONS ABOUT GOD.
2. IF YOUR CONCLUSIONS ABOUT WHO YOU ARE, IN RELATIONSHIP TO GOD MATCHES THE CONCLUSIONS OF THE WORLDS, YOU NEED TO GROW UP.
3. IF YOUR CONCLUSIONS ABOUT THE DEVIL MATCH THE CONCLUSIONS THE WORLD HAS ABOUT THE DEVIL, GROW UP.
4. IF YOU TREAT YOUR FELLOW MAN THE WAY THE WORLD DOES YOU ARE CARNAL AND YOU NEED TO GROW UP.
5. IF YOU RESPOND TO PROBLEMS THE WAY WORLD RESPONDS TO PROBLEMS YOU NEED TO GROW UP
6. IF YOUR VALUE OF THE WORD MATCHES THE VALUE THAT THE WORLD PLACES ON THE WORD OF GOD YOU NEED TO GROW UP.
WE ARE ALL CARNAL UNTIL WE GROW UP… SO IT TAKES SOME PATIENCE TO WORK WITH CARNAL PEOPLE.
MOST CARNAL PEOPLE DON’T WANT TO GROW.
GROWTH IS A PROCESS AND UNTIL A PERSON GROWS THEY ARE GOING TO DO FLESH STUFF.
HERE’S THE PRODUCT OF THE FLESH:
Gal 5:19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.