RHYTHM IS CRITICAL.
RHYTHM DEFINED AS; A PARTICULAR MUSIC PATTERN, A REGULAR PATTERN, PATTERN FOR REPETITION
SYNONYMS: PACE, TIME, TEMPO, PULSE
A good rhythm in life will cause you to have inner balance that results in continual rest, freshness, and energy?
JESUS WORD ON RHYTHM:
Matt 11:28 “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST. Take my yoke upon you…and you will find REST for your SOULS.
An acronym for the word “R.E.S.T.”:
- “R” – Maintain your ROUTINE.
ROUTINE is something you can repeat thousands of times. (HABIT)
- Morning routine—coffee/Bible reading, walk/pray, exercise.
- Work routine—No more than 50 hours a week.
- Family routine—Weekly date night, family night, 15 minutes quality time daily per child.
- Meal routine—At least one family meal per day,
- Sleep routine—A good 8 hrs
- “E” – Manage your EMOTIONS.
Mess Prov 14:30 A sound mind makes for a robust body, but runaway emotions corrode the bones.
Many of us are “rest-less.” Our emotions are out of rhythm because of the stress of schedules, finances, family and cell phones!
2 key’s for emotional balance:
1.Perspective—Push EVERYTHING in your mind out into eternity and see how it compares.
LEARN TO LIVE YOUR LIFE BASED ON THE WORD.
- Margin—Space your life out better. Don’t schedule every minute of the day. Build in some margin in case something goes wrong.
- “S”-Remember the SABBATH.
God made the seventh day for man.
Your SOUL needs a SABBATH:
- Personal day off—One day a week to take care of personal things.2. Weekly Sabbath—One day a week where you meet the Lord and gather with family.
- Annual vacation—At least two weeks of total reset with your family.
Heb 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- “T”-Conquer your THOUGHTS.
2 Cor 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,
Eph 6:16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Satan bombards your mind, dropping seeds of “un-rest” into your mind.
HERE’S SOME STRATEGIES TO CONQUER YOUR THOUGHTS:
1.TAKE YOUR THOUGHTS CAPTIVE—You must “capture” every deadly, negative thought…
(ADDRESS IT) Rebuke that thought out loud, commanding the source of fear, bitterness, or whatever to leave your mind immediately.
2.TRUST IN THE LORD — “Trust” is a word for a baby laying back in the arms of its mother. Lean on the Lord, relax and put your confidence in His love, care, and provision for your life.
Prov 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your path.